In 1925 he decided to open his own business - The Dahl Jensen Porcelainfabrik in Copenhagen.
Jens Peter Jensen was a prolific sculptor working for both Royal Copenhagen and Bing and Grondahl.
The Royal Danish Porcelain Manufactory was founded in 1775 by chemist, Franz Heinrich Muller, under the patronage of the Queen dowager Juliane Marie, Crown Prince Frederick and King Christian IV.
Four years later the King took full charge of the finances and styled The Royal Copenhagen Factory.
The factory flourished again after the restrictions imposed by two world wars and many of the painted and underglazed models available today were sculpted in this period.
A talented young artist and sculptor Frederick Grondahl, who had been working at the Royal Copenhagen Factory, and two successful business men from Copenhagen city teamed up to open the Bing and Grondahl factory in 1853.